as my title suggests, yes, i am totally random. but hopefully in the quagmire of all the thoughts that pour in one ear and out the other, i hope to learn more about me, and grow as a person and as an artist.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

#teamconan



I've been a huge fan of Conan since he was on at 12:30am. Actually, I kinda liked his show better at that timeslot. At times his self-deprecating humor was too much, but overall, his shit was always funny, especially the WTF? moments like the masturbating bear. In the Year 2000 always cracked me up. The shows with him outside of the studio after 9/11 was genuine. Plus, even then, a lot of critics said he would never last. And all these years later, he's still here. In many ways, he's lived out the American Dream because through "hard", quoted cuz honestly, he didn't like shovel dirt or lay bricks, but he put in his time to be the Tonight Show host. And now this is taken away.

NBC is a douche for taking this away from him. In a way, it's very symbolic of what's happening in America regarding the economy. Conan's losing a job involuntarily. Well, technically, he didn't have to, but that would've meant that he'd have to compromise his value of The Tonight Show and it's timeslot, not of post-2010-Olympics, but in history. The American people might just see this as another managerial decision to squash someone's dream job that they obviously love to do. Classic underdog story. And America LOVES underdogs. This is pretty good drama, and I guess that's why I'm so intrigued about everything. We have our hero. We know his wants. In steps the Bad guy: Zucker for switching up the timeslot for the Tonight Show, leaving our hero in a tight spot. Leno is a creep too, cuz he should've done the noble thing and said, Look, I had my shot at the Tonight Show gig and now it's Conan's. Asshole. But I digress. Drama. Good stuff. Made me wanna watch and since it's about real lives, not just for these people I named, but for everyone on the cast and crew of these shows PLUS the people who work for NBC. Once again, it's the BIG CORPORATE meanies showing that they have no regards for the people that work for them and have given it their all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home